Today I was roaming the pantry for dinner possibilities when I came across the Water Chestnuts I bought last trip to HEB. I decided that I could whip up a simple and quick stir fry recipe.
Bean Sprout Stir Fry
One can of water chestnuts - chopped
One can of baby corn - cut in 1/4 inch pieces
Fully Cooked Medium size Shrimp - about 15
2 Handfuls Fresh Bean Sprouts
1/4 brocoli head
1/4 cauliflower head -
1/2 medium sized Yelow Onion - chopped
1/4 cup of soy sauce
4 tbl spns extra virgin olive oil
Salt and Pepper to taste
* Start by heating up a wok or deep frying pan w/ 2 tbl spoons of extra virgin olive oil
* Add the Chopped onion and bean sprouts when pan is hot ( they can cook longer b/c the are kind of bitter and hard)
* Drain water chestnuts and baby corn - then add to pan
* Chope the stems off the broccoli and cauliflower then tear into small pieces and add to mixture in pan.
* add your last 2 tbl spns of olive oil and mix well.
* add Salt and Pepper to taste
* lastly add the Soy sauce of your choice - La Choy is naturally gluten free!
** I used fully cooked frozen shrimp since i was in a hurry but you can grill chicken or use sausage too. its up to you! - add now.
**let fry for about 5 minutes or until the veggies are slightly tender.
You probably shouldn't add the shrimp until the end if it is already cooked. you just want to warm it up enough because if it cooks too long it gets tough.
This recipe can be changed to match your own personal preference of taste and texture but this one really hit the spot. Veggies can be swapped out or traded as you like. Have fun cookin'!
treat yourself to something different once in a while.